What is the Windy Hill Farm Meat "CSA"?...
Our Community Supported Agriculture program consists of a group of people that pledge to support our farm in exchange for quality, healthy, and locally produced meats and eggs. By pledging to support our farm, our CSA members share in the risk of production and in turn are guaranteed to receive products from our farm every month during their subscription period. Not to mention you can enjoy our products each month knowing that they actually came from animals that were raised the way nature intended!
* Windy Hill Farm CSA members will receive 10% off meat purchases at the farm or at the farmers markets during your membership period (this does not apply to specials, meat bundles or sampler packages).
Our Meat CSA boxes consist of a variety of pork, chicken, beef, and eggs (boxes may occassionally include lamb when available)
Here is an EXAMPLE of a FULL Share (20lbs):
•2 lbs - Ground Beef
•2 lbs - Steaks
•1 lb - Lamb Stew Meat
•3 lbs - Beef Roast
•2 lbs - Breakfast Sausage (your choice HOT or MILD)
•2 lbs - Pork Chops
•1 lb - Beef Ribs
•3 lbs - Pork Roast
•4 lbs - Whole Chicken
•2 doz - Free Range Eggs
(HALF Shares will receive approximately half of sample shown)
Items included in our CSA shares will reflect what is available on the farm for that particular month and may not be customized. There are many factors that determine what is available at the time your monthly share is assembled, however every effort will be made to ensure a nice selection of pork, beef, chicken and lamb is included when available. Part of the fun of CSA shares is learning to cook new cuts of meat and trying out new recipes!
Shares will be available for pickup the second week of each month at these locations:
- Tuesday 3p-6p at the Atherton Mill & Market - Charlotte, NC
- Tuesday 6p-7p at Windy Hill Farm - New London, NC
- Saturday 9a-2p at the Atherton Mill & Market - Charlotte, NC
- Saturday 9a-Noon at the Charlotte Regional 'Yorkmont' Farmers Market - Charlotte, NC
If you are unable to have your share picked up, please notify us 24 hours in advance. In the instance we need to change pickup days/times due to circumstances out of our control (weather, harvest schedules, or other events) we will notify you via the phone number you provide on your application. We also recommend checking the schedule on our homepage for any last minute changes/problems before heading to your pickup site each month.
Share subscriptions are for 6 months and available as:
10 lbs meat
1 doz eggs
$530 (cash or check)
*add 3% if paying with card
(Recommended for a family of four)
20 lbs meat
2 doz eggs
$999 (cash or check)
*add 3% if paying with card
* subscription fees include TAX! *
By joining our CSA program, you are supporting our small, local, family farm while ensuring that your family has access to healthy, naturally-raised meats and eggs each month!
How do I become a Windy Hill Farm CSA member?
1) Email us and let us know you would like to join our meat CSA program and we'll send you an application.
2) Mail in the payment for your CSA membership along with your completed application to:
Windy Hill Farm
2O735 Bear Creek Church Rd.
New London, NC 28127
3) Be prepared to enjoy a variety of local, naturally-raised meats and fresh free-range eggs every month for the next 6 months!
Subscription payment is due along with the completed Meat CSA Application to reserve your share. Shares are limited and allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Windy Hill Farm reserves the right to close CSA registration at any time. Due to the planning and investments that raising livestock requires, all payments are non-refundable.
For more information, call us at (704) 984-2277 or email us at email@example.com